Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Leaf

Just got back from an amazing trip in Vegas...Had the opportunity to hear author Lisa Quinn speak, she wrote the book "Life's Too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets" Well, I felt as if she were speaking directly to me, I make myself crazy ( well, psycho is more like it) sometimes worrying about things that really just don't matter..are the beds made before I leave the house?, no fingerprints on the windows?, no crumbs on the counter top?..you get the idea..Does anybody even care about that crap except me?..My kids are oblivious to most things ( they'll walk away from a dumped over cereal box on the kitchen floor without so much as a second thought to the pile of Cheerios they just stepped on and turned to dust) my husband doesn't really give a fig either, as long as his stuff is where he left it ( which is not always the case and usually my fault when he can't find something) I am always looking for ways to simplify my life and have lots of great advice , I just need to follow it myself . So, I have decided to turn over that "new leaf" they talk about. I am going to force myself to not clean anything for a couple of days ( barring any unforseen mudslides that enter through the front door)  and see if my OCD self can handle it..I'll let you know how it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment