Friday, June 8, 2012

18 Summers...Make those Memories While You Can







18 Summers...do you realize that is all we really have to enjoy time with our children..free from school, homework, hectic schedules..it really doesn't sound like a lot of time now does it? This past April when I attended the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration I had the opportunity to listen to Amy Foster from Disney Parks Consumer Insights as she spoke about forging lifetime family bonds through vacationing experiences. Disney helps you to do just that..creating an escape and a place where families can have shared fun. Having vacationed at Walt Disney World many times I found myself agreeing with everything she was saying.."you can be a kid with your kids", "kids can experience things at Disney that they don't have in their everyday life", "you can disconnect and transport to another place and time"..but the thing that resonated the most with me was when she spoke of  "18 Summers". As I listened to her speak about how we really only have 18 summers with our children I became teary as it hit me...I am approaching my 17th summer with my oldest son! Next year he will be a senior in High School and soon after off to college..I blinked and here we are, preparing ourselves to send him on his way out into the world. How did that sneak up on me so fast?

I cannot even begin to count the wonderful memories we have collected over the years with our many visits to Walt Disney World. One of the many reasons we continue to return to Walt Disney World is because each and every time we visit it IS something new to us. Whether it's a new Resort to stay in, a tour, parades, parties, a new restaurant, or character experience..each time is special and unique. There is a comfort for me in going to Disney World. I know that the cast members on staff will go out of their way to be accommodating, I know that the Parks offer something for each one of our varied age range family,  I know that there are sure to be moments of true magic.  Disney is in the "family experience" business and our family has certainly cherished every minute spent there. When I walk down Main Street in Magic Kingdom I am genuinely moved...I get to be a little girl again and experience magic and make believe with my children. I am a Princess and a Pirate with them and I feel the same excitement as they do when they are finally tall enough to get on "that ride" for the first time or meet Cinderella and Stitch. The memories we have made ( and will continue to make) are so very precious and as I enter these last few summers with my oldest son I am so thankful that we have created so many wonderful ones. ( sharing a few below)  So, what are you waiting for..with so many different vacation options and deals, now is the time to plan a Disney vacation and make your own special memories ..those 18 summers go by way too quickly!










Disclosure: I paid a conference fee to attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at a deeply discounted rate. As a part of this conference, we were provided with complimentary items, special discounts and other benefits such as food and entertainment so that we could experience the magic of Walt Disney World.  I was not asked to write about my experience. All thoughts in this post are my own. *Unless otherwise noted all photos were taken by me, Susan Pazera*

No comments:

Post a Comment